Hope you’re all doing well at this very strange time. I’m going to be uploading lots of things in the coming weeks and the next newsletter will be full of awesome activities but when I saw this I thought of all of you – my fierce fans and readers – who are perfectly placed to write about fierce girls. It’s a writing competition with the ABC – details below and there is a link to the page as well. So while you’re working from home (as we mostly are) this is a fantastic boredom busting activity.
Keep well everyone – and speak soon,
The ABC’s Fierce Girls podcast wants YOU to tell them about a fierce girl you admire!
They’re looking for stories of adventurous girls, girls with guts and spirit, girls who dare to do things differently.
Submit your story and it could be made into a podcast episode!
To enter, write an original story (500-800 words) about an Australian girl or woman that you admire. They could be from your town or city, or anywhere in Australia. They could be famous, or maybe they’re your neighbour! It’s open to all kids in Australia between 7 and 16 years of age (inclusive).
The five best stories will be selected as prize winners. Winners will receive the opportunity to have their story recorded as a podcast and published as an episode of ABC’s Fierce Girls podcast!
The Prize includes:
- A 1 hour personalised scripting session (via phone) with the writer of Fierce Girls.
- A personalised studio recording session at an ABC studio.
- Your story crafted into a podcast with music and sound effects and published as an episode of Fierce Girls!
Entries are due by midnight 5 April 2020 (in any Australian timezone)
- Prize winners must be accompanied by an adult
- Prize winners will be responsible for all costs of travel and accommodation associated with participating in the prize
- ABC will endeavour to have a recording session at your closest ABC location