June 21, 2017
Writing for Children Workshops with Jacqueline Harvey on Wednesday evenings from 8 November 2017 to 6 December 2017
Jacqueline Harvey will be conducting Writing Workshops for adults over five evenings- Wednesday 8,15,22,29 November and 6 December 2017 at the NSW Writers’ Centre.
Join Jacqueline as she gives you a practical guide to writing for children; from goal setting and understanding what you want to achieve, to finding your voice and knowing how to grow your story.
The course will cover everything you need to get started including:
- Understanding your potential audience
- Finding and developing ideas
- Creating believable characters
- Developing plausible plots
- Using dialogue effectively
- Literary devices
- The importance of editing
- Advice on getting published
- The business of being a writer
A series of practical exercises will give budding writers opportunities to explore style, voice and other key elements of writing for children as well demystifying the publishing process.