June 27, 2018
Fantastic Writing Competition for Kids!
CALLING ALL BUDDING WRITERS
One of the best competitions for kids I’ve seen has just launched!
It’s called the Australian Creative Writing Competition and it’s for kids aged 7-12. But don’t worry – if you’re 7 you don’t have to compete against 12-year-olds as there are three categories – 7-8 years; 9-10 years and 11-12 years.
It’s being held by Just Kidding Magazine in conjunction with Penguin Random House (they’re my fabulous publisher). There are three mentoring authors – Oliver Pommovanh, Tristan Bancks and me!
There are loads of great prizes for the winners in each category including:
- Signed copies of their mentors’ books and a personalised congratulatory video from their mentor
- The winning story from each category will be turned into a physical book for you to keep (ten copies per winner – so you can share them with family and friends)
- Each winning story will be published in Just Kidding Magazine alongside an interview with the author…yep that’s you! You’ll be featured as a published author!
- A Penguin Random House bumper book pack featuring some of this years’ best reads
- A Penguin Random House book pack for your School Library.
This is one of the most amazing writing competitions I’ve ever seen for kids (I wish they’d had something like this when I was a child). In addition, there will be loads of tips and ideas from the mentors to help you get started. So, what are you waiting for – click here to head over to the website and see exactly what you need to do.