I am delighted that Clementine-Rose and the Surprise Visitor has been included as one of the books being offered by Kelloggs in their Free Books promotion. What an honour to be in the company of some amazing children’s writer including Belinda Murrell, Felice Arena, Rachel Spratt, George Ivanoff and many more.
The offer ends on 8 April 2017 and you can receive up to 3 books (meaning you have to buy 6 boxes of selected cereals) – so we have included a fabulous (and healthy) snack recipe to get you eating:)
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 3 cups (270g) rolled oats
- 2 cup (125ml) honey
- 1 cup (35g) rice bubbles
- 1 cup (140g) craisins (cranberries)
- 1/2 cup (80g) pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and long sides of a 19 x 29cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Step 2Combine honey, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over the hot syrup and stir to combine. Spoon into lined pan and gently press the surface. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove and set aside in pan to cool.
- Step 4Cut into 5 x 9cm rectangles. Wrap in cellophane and seal with stickers.